The Association of Independent Assessment Centres (AIAC) was formed in 2002. The AIAC is a non profit industry group representing independent businesses, and thousands of health-care professionals who perform medical assessments across Canada. AIAC members perform up to 50,000 neutral, third party examinations of auto and disability insurance claimants each year to determine their entitlement to benefits... learn more
AIAC members perform neutral, third-party medical assessments of illness, injuries and treatment plans that result from auto, injury, and disability insurance claims.
The assessment process is governed, in part, by the Statutory Accidents Benefits Schedule (SABS) regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. When auto insurance companies request an assessment, it is referred to as a Section 45 exam or an Insurer’s Examination... learn more
To promote compliance with continually improving standards of practice
To present input into any regulatory reform processes
To provide increased access to high quality independent assessments
1) Increased access to industry information and external industry challenges/developments
2) Opportunity to build industry policies/standards
3) Standards of practice will improve for your own business
4) Increased opportunities for professional communications with customers
5) Cost sharing opportunities such as insurance, training, education
6) Need to have common voice to deal with external challenges and AIAC has this access
7) Developing specific policies such as HST etc.
8) Website representation (www.assessmentcentres.ca)